Monday, July 20, 2009

makin a list, and checkin it twice


if you know me, you know I make lists every single day, and sometimes I make them more then once. I then check things off that I have completed or I memorize the things I need to do. I am doing tons of things.

so here is an update on all the stuff I have currently purchased and am working on. I bought the program paper, it is monogramed with a pair of linked hearts and I am working on writing the information for those. I am even playing around with a monogram that has our initials and names and the wedding date.


I purchased 16 of the small square 4x4 frames to hold the table names. and yes, we are having table names instead of numbers. my fiance and I came up with all the names based on places we grew up, our pets and places we have traveled together. the fun part is that a lot of people will be placed at a table that the name has a meaning to them too. I also bought six different fat quarters of black and white calico print fabric and the decopoge paste to adhere the fabric to the frames. currently I am spray painting all the frames antique white.


also purchased three paper mache letters, a large A and a small a and a small m. they are going to receive a coating of antique white spray paint and be hung above the head table on the barn wall. speaking of tables, I think only my fiance and I will be at the head table, with the bridal party having their own. too many of our party member's significant others will not really know anyone, and the idea of an "us" table sounds kinda fun.


four of the five candy jars have been purchased, I just need to find one more. I have also decided on having light blue paper bags that I will stamp to be on the table for guests to fill.


for the guest book table I have a vase (already owned it) that I am pretty sure will look just amazing filled with white carnations. I bought the guest book, but my fiance will be covering it with leather and / or cow hide and possible monograming it with our names. it makes me happy to see him involved.


some of the next things I need to purchase are ribbon, tons and tons of ribbon. tule to run down the chairs marking off the aisle. containers for the center pieces and a few other things. a lot is coming together very quickly.


I have officially decided this is a lot of fun, and am enjoying every minute of being a crafty-country-do-it-herself-bride.


BRiDE iN BOOTS
XoXO

No comments:

Post a Comment